[linux-audio-user] Re: "Made with Linux" List?

ISh ish at sarai.net
Tue May 31 16:43:35 EDT 2005

Would it be beneficial to encourage a separate "music made with Linux"

list?  Thoughts?

Hi All.

Music itself holds no prejudice so I think it should be all promoted as
Music. ( Pure and safe , which is free from definitions and critics)
There are already too many categorizations nowadays in music which
usually ride a fad or fashion curve and are used for filling up shelf
space. I think categorizing music as ‘music made on linux’ is baseless.

And discriminating music on the basis of which platform it was produced,
like Linux or from OS X of any other OS, actually degrades Music.(also
is a very technical discrimination) It is not something like it is rock
or jazz. It is also in a way admitting that linux is inferior in music
circles, which is not true at all. So I think we should be a little
careful while saying it is music produced on linux or a mac because for
the end listener it will be our music that is doing the talking(not
linux or windows). Linux, softwares, Mac, Sequencers etc are all
important but are still 'tools' to achieve the music.

<>Boom

<>Ish
frEeMuZik.net/ sarai.net

(P.S I m a strong supporter of Free software and Linux ... but (1) the
thoughts mentioned above are for ‘music’ and are not part of the 'free
software Vs. Proprietary software’ argument and (2) I m not looking at
'made with Linux' as a very technical definition, i m looking at it as
an 'end listener' definition )