[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta cards help?

Conor O'Tuama conorotuama at eircom.net
Sat Oct 1 08:31:40 EDT 2005

October wrote:

>Finally decided to swap out my SB Live! Platinum for
>an M-Audio Delta 44.
>
>The hardware installation is no problem as I built
>this machine myself in the first place...  It's more
>the software.  I'm running Demudi 1.2.1 and am
>wondering what sort of hoops I might have to jump
>through to get the proper drivers up and running.
>Will it be as simple as powering down, swapping cards,
>powering back up and seeing it autodetected?
>
>Any tricks, tips, things to look out for?
>
>Also I remember reading about some sort of mixer
>specifically for these cards but can't seem to find
>it.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Jon Hoskins

>In a world without walls who needs gates or windows?
>
>                               --unknown

>Yahoo! for Good
>Donate to the Hurricane Katrina relief effort.
>http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate3/

Hi October.

    I  think this might be of help to you:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Midiman%2FMAudio&card=Delta+44.&chip=ICE1712+%28Envy24%29&module=ice1712
The mixer you are looking for is, I think,  the envy24control mixer,
which comes as a part of the alsa-tools package.

--
aka avoca