[linux-audio-user] AGNULA nightmares, again

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Oct 4 03:45:09 EDT 2005

Hallo,
Dave Phillips hat gesagt: // Dave Phillips wrote:

> Nigel Henry wrote:
>
> >Hi Dave. If you want to have a go at a "roll your own" Gentoo style
> >config, I'm sending my /etc/network/interfaces file. This is from my
> >Debian Sarge install, set up statically (no dhcp). [snip]
> >
> Hi Nigel:
>
>  Thank you for the detailed conf file, I've saved it for future
> reference if/when necessary. I did get the network up & running after
> fixing /etc/network/interfaces to see eth0 at boot and running the pump
> utility. Curiously, pump said it failed but brought up and connected the
> interface anyway.

I've never used pump, but if you'd use dhcp (whose Debian package I
think conflicts with pump) you could instead manage the dhcp
configuration inside /etc/network/interfaces as well. Just replace

  iface eth0 inet static
  # ...

with

  iface eth0 inet dhcp
  # without addresses etc.!

To manually start a dhcp lookup, you can still use "sudo dhclient
eth0" similar to how pump is used AFAIK.

Ciao