[linux-audio-user] [LAM] some music

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Thu Oct 6 07:10:41 EDT 2005

> On Wednesday 05 Oct 2005 11:05 am, Dave Griffiths wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Some new tracks from me here:
>> http://www.pawfal.org/patterncascade/
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> dave
>
> Hi Dave. I really liked the live snippets. Really headbanging stuff. The
> start
> of it sounded really industrial. Sounds of steamhammers, and all those
> sort
> of undefinable sounds you seem to hear in huge industrial complexes.
> Pattern
> A is really great. I was thinking of how to add some beats to it,but gave
> up.
> This is pure Electronica, and sounds just great as it is. Had a few
> problems
> with pattern B. The beats were ok for me, but the melody just didn't go
> down
> with my ears. But everyone to there own taste eh! All in all. Nice stuff.
> Keep at it. Nigel.

thanks Nigel! pattern B was a difficult one as the scale is so different
from equal temperament. I'm so used to hearing (and making) melodic music
in equal temperament it's difficult to make music in other scales.
Hopefully with time it'll get easier...

fwiw I think the gig was done in just intonation

cheers,

dave