[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 25, Issue 12

Gavin Stevens gavin-stevens at gavmusic.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 19:18:35 EDT 2005

> Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:05:59 +0100 (BST)
> From: "Dave Griffiths" <dave at pawfal.org>
> Subject: [linux-audio-user] [LAM] some music
> To: linux-audio-user at music.columbia.edu
>
> Hi all,
>
> Some new tracks from me here:
> http://www.pawfal.org/patterncascade/
>
> cheers,
>
> dave

Hi Dave,

I really enjoyed pattern A.

Pattern B might take a bit more getting used to regarding the tuning
used. However, I wrote some pieces for harpsichord a few years ago & I
spent a lot of time listening to unequal temperaments like quarter-comma
meantone & the beautiful Vallotti tuning (in which tuning the pieces
were performed). After this, I - a hardened "equal-temperament" pianist
- found the equal tuning of the piano rather sour for a good few weeks.

The Live track sounded great, once I adjusted to the industrial
sound-world.

Thanks for sharing these tracks & I look forward to more.

Gavin.