[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 44 help

David dplist at free.fr
Fri Oct 7 19:45:42 EDT 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:22:50 -0700 (PDT)
October <extremecs at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, I got my Delta 44 installed and ran alsaconf.  It
> seems to work well... just one question!
>
> In the Jack Connections window it shows like 10 inputs
> and 12 outputs!  I figured even if the 44 had stereo
> ins and outs (I'm really not sure as I bought it used
> and haven't seen a manual for it) those numbers still
> don't add up!

This is normal, these are the digital ins and outs of the chip
(ice1712/envy24) that sits on your card. On a Delta 44, only 2x4 of them
have AD or DA access from or to the analog world, but you can use the
other channels with software and mix them with no latency in the chip.

Get the program called envy24control to get the most of it, I think it
is in the alsa-tools package.

> I removed my SB Live! and I'm sure the onboard sound
> on the mobo is disabled (never saw those extra ins and
> outs with my Live!).
>
> Help?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jon