[linux-audio-user] M-Audio Delta 44 help

Brett W. McCoy idragosani at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 22:13:46 EDT 2005

On 10/7/05, October <extremecs at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, I got my Delta 44 installed and ran alsaconf.  It
> seems to work well... just one question!
>
> In the Jack Connections window it shows like 10 inputs
> and 12 outputs!  I figured even if the 44 had stereo
> ins and outs (I'm really not sure as I bought it used
> and haven't seen a manual for it) those numbers still
> don't add up!
>
> I removed my SB Live! and I'm sure the onboard sound
> on the mobo is disabled (never saw those extra ins and
> outs with my Live!).

Believe it or not, that is correct for that card (I use the M-Audio
2496, which uses the same DSP hardware)!  The card has internal I/O
that can be used internally, with other software, etc.

You should get the envy24control utility that is part of the alsatools
package... it will let you use the zero-latency hardware monitor as
well as configure the card for a variety of things including digital
I/O).

-- Brett
--
Programmer by Day, Guitarist by Night