[linux-audio-user] sample-rate/bit-depth wav converter

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 16:30:12 EDT 2005

On 10/8/05, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Paul. It's looking like FreeSysle is possibly the app you were
> > thinking of? I'm trying it out today.
>
> yes, that was the one.

So far I've been unable to get FreeCycle to build. It uses a library
called Aubio which doesn't build for me. Until I get that worked out
no go...

On the other hand, I found that there is a command line program called
soundstretch which seems to be really well suited for what I want to
do. It's part of the soundtouch library and probably already on many
people's systems. I'm having trouble with it but maybe someone else
will figure it out. I've not got a lot of time this afternoon.

soundstretch appearsto be able to detect BPM and then both shift BPM
and pitch. If I can get it to work then I may be in good shape.

http://sky.prohosting.com/oparviai/soundtouch/soundstretch.html

NOTE: Listen to all the examples OTHER THAN the "Tempo reduced by
-50%" first!! That one is terrible, but the others give a lot of good
results, presuming that the mp3's aren't as good as working with real
wave files.

Cheers,
Mark