[linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

Hector Centeno-Garcia h.centeno at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 13 15:51:29 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-13-10 at 11:54 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:

> Let's work together to find a 'preferred' free platform that can serve
> as a VST host. This would be a Windows app that we can load our VSTs
> into. I haven't done this under Windows because I have commercial apps
> that serve this purpose, but for our needs here we need a free, even
> Open Source, Windows app that will host VSTs. We could then work with
> the Winde developers to ensure this host works, and when the host
> works we can then work to support more and more VSTs.
>
> Does anyone know of a potential VST host that we could try to run under Wine?
>
> My 2 cents,
> Mark

I agree too! This is a very good plan and I'm sure that if the wine guys
sense that there is really a community out there who needs this kind of
support they will do something. I don't know how easy is going to be to
find a windows project that beside being free it is open source. I found
this site for now:
http://rm-and-jo.laughingsquid.org/Text/Guide-To-VST-Hosts.html

There Bidule http://www.plogue.com/ looks ok, but it doesn't seem to be
Open Source. I'll keep searching... and let's start the campaign!

hector