[linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] jack_fst and gcc4

Hector Centeno-Garcia h.centeno at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 13 16:30:55 EDT 2005

> I agree too! This is a very good plan and I'm sure that if the wine guys
> sense that there is really a community out there who needs this kind of
> support they will do something. I don't know how easy is going to be to
> find a windows project that beside being free it is open source. I found
> this site for now:
> http://rm-and-jo.laughingsquid.org/Text/Guide-To-VST-Hosts.html
>
> There Bidule http://www.plogue.com/ looks ok, but it doesn't seem to be
> Open Source. I'll keep searching... and let's start the campaign!
>

> hector

ok, Bidule is not any longer free, you have to pay $70. I found another
one named MiniHost. It is free but not open source. It runs under wine
but it needs an ASIO driver so I installed asio4all and now MiniHost
finds the ASIO driver! The only problem I have is getting asio4all to
find a wdm sound driver. Anyone knows how does the wine sound section
work? Is it possible to have an emulated wdm driver that connects with
alsa or jack?

cheers!

hector