[linux-audio-user] OT: sysex requests for evolution/midiman/m-audio anyone?

Michal Seta mis at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 25 00:04:23 EDT 2005

>From this manual:
http://www.evolution.co.uk/pub/manuals/mk-425c_449c_461c_advanced_user_guide.pdf

On page 13 I read:
Although it is not possible to program the controllers of the MK-425C/449C/461C with your
own SysEx messages, there are software applications that can receive a MIDI input signal
and transmit a different, user specified message. You can program your SysEx messages
into the translator software, then translate the incoming data from the keyboard to your
SysEx, depending on the controller you are using.

However, Page 10 says the following:
The dual press MEMORY DUMP buttons will send out a number of Sys Ex data pack-
ets that represent the 10 memories you have set up in your MK-449C/461C (MK-225C:
Press DATA LSB and RECALL simultaneously to send out memory dump). This is
useful for storing or backing up the contents of your memory presets externally.

HTH

./MiS