[linux-audio-user] OT: sysex requests for evolution/midiman/m-audio anyone?

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sat Oct 22 04:30:53 EDT 2005

Hi,

I just tested the Trigger Finger (link below) by m-audio at the local
dealer's shop, and it worked immediately when I plugged it in thanks to
the snd_usb_audio module. Thanks to all devels!

The only thing I miss is the possibility to make backups. m-audio has a
tool called Enigma (available for Mac OS and Windows) to make backups
of the settings (and even programming the device). The device itself
has no option to make it send a sysex dump of its memory contents to
the computer.

I asked m-audio for the request string to do a backup, but I was told
that this is only possible using the Enigma software and the special
usb-audio-driver by m-audio.

I doubt that. Can anyone provide request strings for any
evolution/midiman/m-audio products (UC33, m-audio keyboards)? If so, I
could likely derive the requests for the Trigger Finger from it. Even
Enigma (nomen est omen?) can handle a large scale of m-audio devices,
and I guess that all devices work in a similar manner internally.

Any hint, even to a PDF doc or similar which contains sysex
documentation for any similar device would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

ce

Product Link:

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_maudio_trigger_finger_midi_drumcontroller_prodinfo.html