[linux-audio-user] tool for unpacking .sfArk soundfonts

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Oct 29 16:05:29 EDT 2005

On Saturday 29 October 2005 10:55, Bill Allen wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> >Hi. Got myself a load of soundfonts from hammerfall. I'm ok for unpacking
> >the .zips and .rar's on my Linux box, but I've never seen .sfArk files
> >before. Is there a tool I can install on my Linux box to unpack these?
> > Nigel.
>
> http://melodymachine.com/sfark.htm
>
> Note that the native linux util is only for sfark version 2 files. You
> can use the windows version through wine.
>
> Regards,
> Bill

Hi Bill. I sort of take back what I said about wine. SfArk works under wine on
FC2, and so does the sfpack program, although that won't start from the wine
menu, but anyway it works. So, sort of a thumbs up for wine for these two
fairly basic programs. I suppose it's moving forwards, rather than backwards.
Nigel.