[linux-audio-user] SIS (SI7012) sound but limited mixer

Dave Price kinaole at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 13:20:43 EDT 2005

Lee,

I built a new kernel 2.6.11 for this system (using the debian
kernel-package tool).  I was under the impression that 2.6 kernel source
included the ALSA by default.

When I try to ./configure the latest ALSA it says that my kernel as the
ALSA built-in.

Can you clarify this for me?  If my kernel has ALSA built-in, how can I
be sure that I am building it with the latest ALSA code as well?

aloha,
dave

On 9/1/05, Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> wrote:

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 10:05 -0600, Dave Price wrote:
> Any ideas what I should adjust to get a mixer/volume control
> to do
> anything meaningful?

Get a newer ALSA (at least 1.0.9b).

Lee