[linux-audio-user] audio stream route

Evgeniy jfree5 at mail.ru
Fri Sep 9 08:44:13 EDT 2005

Hello, All.
Sorry if this F.A.Q. question, but I really tried to find it in Internet.
I want to connect  two third-part application (without source code of it) by virtual audio channel.
That is I have two application that used OSS architecture  to audio i/o (they open /dev/dsp to read and write). I need to connect "OUT" of  one application to  IN" of another and vice versa. How can I do that ? Are there some tools to make virtual crossconnected sound devices (/dev/dsp1 and /dev/dsp2 for example) like Virtual Audio Cable fro Win32 ?

Best regards, Evgeniy.