[linux-audio-user] Re: External interface with many inputs

Ross Vandegrift ross at jose.lug.udel.edu
Fri Sep 16 22:11:32 EDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 09:14:39PM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:
> > they already had pretty cool looking 8+ analog I/O firewire boxes that
> > I sadly turned away from.
>
> if you were using ieee1394 for audio "years ago" it was either mLAN or
> some utterly proprietary

Heh, I wasn't using - just stumbled across it a while back while
looking at interfaces.  I drooled a little bit, but then read about
the impossibility of getting it to work with free software.

> > Google didn't turn up anything obvious ::-)
>
> there are currently 3 ways that ieee1394 can be used with audio:
[snip]

Thanks for the update Paul - sounds like not as interesting an avenue
to persue as I maybe was hoping.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu