[linux-audio-user] kfusd module (oss2jack) unknown symbols with 2.6.13

Esben Stien b0ef at esben-stien.name
Sat Sep 17 15:44:42 EDT 2005

Esben Stien <b0ef at esben-stien.name> writes:

> anyone else got any free app working with inputs? (that does not
> have the same samplerate).

Yes, me, with sox, using the -c1 switch to only open one channel; I
can record at whatever sample rate it seems. If I try to open two
channels, with -c2 it just hangs and don't write any data.

It seems the problem lies with oss2jack/kfusd.

The voip app, kphone does something interesting because the ioctl
returns two channels, forcing it into "stereo mode".

dspoutoss:80
ioctl( audio_fd, SNDCTL_DSP_CHANNELS, &channels)

dspoutoss:91
if( channels == 2 ) {
                printf( QObject::tr("WARNING: nonmonophonic driver, forced into\ stereo mode (experimental)") + "\n" );
                audio_stereo=true;)))})

This really is probably not the problem, since the sox test shows
there is a problem with opening two channels.

I'll try to test with some other apps to nail it more down. Please
scream out if you find anything out.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef at e     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m