[linux-audio-user] Re: AMD64 stable?

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 08:12:54 EDT 2005

Hi,

On 9/19/05, Noah Roberts <roberts.noah at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/17/05, Arnold Krille <arnold.krille at gmail.com> wrote:
> I own one: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HARDWARE_Asus_A6U
> I was an early adopter.  I have a desktop that is getting kind of
> older but still damn fast compared to other PC's currently on the
> market.  Lots has gotten a lot better since then.  Most Linux stuff
> works fine on 64.

So it seems to be decided...

> > So my question is: Has anyone of you made positive or negative
> > experience with amd64? Are there (audio-)apps that don't work on 64?
> Mostly positive.  Only app I can't seem to get working right is
> qsynth.  Finally managed to get static without a crash...so things are
> looking up ;)

Hmm, QSynth and fluidsynth are the reason I installed
qsampler/linuxsampler and searched for some gigs. fluidsynth works
here but doesn't produce nice sounds from soundfonts that work in my
sblive (*)...

Thanks for your thoughts,

Arnold

(*) Lots of hiss in fluidsynth's output.
--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/
---