[linux-audio-user] Re: AMD64 stable?

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 09:11:57 EDT 2005

> > > So my question is: Has anyone of you made positive or negative
> > > experience with amd64? Are there (audio-)apps that don't work on 64?
> > Mostly positive.  Only app I can't seem to get working right is
> > qsynth.  Finally managed to get static without a crash...so things are
> > looking up ;)

Everything is working well for me, amd64 939 3000+, on ati xpress
chipset. Though if you are thinking of doing graphics as well i'd
stear very clear of ati's cards. Though that's not 64 bit related. I
had a few probs getting wine/cedega working perfectly and mplayer so
i'm not sure how fst/dssi-vst/etc would work on amd64. Though i
haven't actually tried it on my new system yet.

Loki