[linux-audio-user] Good free or low cost hosting for music files?

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Mon Sep 26 00:27:10 EDT 2005

October wrote:
> Thanks for listening!
>
> I realized that it needs gain improvement too.  Must
> have messed with Ardour's master a bit more than I
> thought I did.  Thanks for the other tips as well!
>
> Yes, I would be happy to upload the individual tracks
> (and MORE!) once I figure out the easiest way to coax
> them out of Ardour...  I sort of thought maybe it
> would keep each track as a seperate wave but that is
> apparantly not the case.  Any tips?

if you look in your song's project folder, and then inside the /sounds
sub-folder, you should find your individual tracks ... but best way to
do it is to go to ardour's "Session" drop-down menu, select "Export" and
then "Export session to file". In the resulting dialogue, you can choose
to export individual tracks, rather than the whole mix at once.

one thing, though (and i'll probly have to add something regarding this
to the site) - once they're exported from ardour, best thing is to
convert them to flac. also - if you have, say, a basstrack that is
basically just one loop over and over - then just upload the loop - not
the whole track .... there is a 30mb upload limit for each file at the
moment (probly forever), so you have to make sure your zipped up samples
will fall beneath that.

shayne