[linux-audio-user] Simple song in Ardour...

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 10:04:28 EDT 2005

--- Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:

> Time to stick my heart on my sleeve I guess!

That's a tough one. I've got my favorite vocal
producer  whom I've learned to trust. This person can
tell me that something sucks and we move right along
to the next risk without a hitch. And he encourages me
to really go for it. Another person that engineers my
vocals doesn't express any opinion and leaves me
guessing which frustrates me to no end.

A talented singer I know told me, "Ron, you white boys
don't take enough risks. Stop being afraid to sound
stupid." I think that brotha was dead on and I've
loosened up and written my best melodies and
performances since.

> Instrumental only...Titled "Sunday Arvo"
> Why....er...Cause it was
> recorded on a Sunday arvo! I did this back in Ardour
> Beta 28 I think in
> about 3 hrs. Very simple and lots of rough edges.

Just gave it a quick listen. Very nice song. The rough
edges that bothered me are in the "lead" track and
specifically the run located at about 2:11.

Where are you picking up the noise? Maybe there's a
noisey analog mixer in the chain. If yes, are all its
channels equally noisey. You can hear the noise while
you are playing but if you edit or filter the ending I
doubt many people will ever notice anything. I've used
the Rezound Arbitrary Fir filter on air conditioners.

Great job, I like it alot.

ron