[linux-audio-user] Simple song in Ardour...

Russell Hanaghan hanaghan at starband.net
Mon Sep 26 10:35:00 EDT 2005

R Parker wrote:

>--- Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:
>

>>Time to stick my heart on my sleeve I guess!
>>

>That's a tough one. I've got my favorite vocal
>producer  whom I've learned to trust. This person can
>tell me that something sucks and we move right along
>to the next risk without a hitch. And he encourages me
>to really go for it. Another person that engineers my
>vocals doesn't express any opinion and leaves me
>guessing which frustrates me to no end.
>
>A talented singer I know told me, "Ron, you white boys
>don't take enough risks. Stop being afraid to sound
>stupid." I think that brotha was dead on and I've
>loosened up and written my best melodies and
>performances since.
>

>>Instrumental only...Titled "Sunday Arvo"
>>Why....er...Cause it was
>>recorded on a Sunday arvo! I did this back in Ardour
>>Beta 28 I think in
>>about 3 hrs. Very simple and lots of rough edges.
>>

>Just gave it a quick listen. Very nice song. The rough
>edges that bothered me are in the "lead" track and
>specifically the run located at about 2:11.

Thanks Ron. LOL...it's jazz babe! :)

Everything else had gone down in one take. There was that one run...and
I had been so "un anal" about the whole thing...i figured I'd leave it
there. Gee Ron! Now everyone knows!   LMAO

>Where are you picking up the noise? Maybe there's a
>noisey analog mixer in the chain. If yes, are all its
>channels equally noisey. You can hear the noise while
>you are playing but if you edit or filter the ending I
>doubt many people will ever notice anything. I've used
>the Rezound Arbitrary Fir filter on air conditioners.
>
>Great job, I like it alot.

Actually I said I used a phantom power unit...I forgot I didi not have
that then....because I needed Phantom power I ran the mic thru a
Behringer 601. And my Guitar FX are noisy too. I new the noise was there
but figured only guys like you would pick it out!  :)

Thanks for pos feedback.