[linux-audio-user] Simple song in Ardour...

David dplist at free.fr
Tue Sep 27 21:02:38 EDT 2005

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:29:22 -0700
Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan at starband.net> wrote:

> Time to stick my heart on my sleeve I guess!
>
> Instrumental only...Titled "Sunday Arvo"   Why....er...Cause it was
> recorded on a Sunday arvo! I did this back in Ardour Beta 28 I think
> in about 3 hrs. Very simple and lots of rough edges.
>
> Song is posted in Mp3 (sorry) format on the LAM page as well as
> here...
>
> http://hanaghan.mystarband.net/Sunday%20Arvo.mp3
>
> Let me know what you think.

A soulful piece, thanks. :)

Production-wise, someting like turning your screen off while recording
or anything that could do to keep that buzz shut, without eating to much
of your sound, would make your track a delight. The acoustic guitar
nicely fills my heaphones cups and, no matter the noise, your somewhat
crisp acoustic guitar sound certainly gives a personality to your
recording.

I like your "less is more" approach a lot ! Your song sounds
pretty american to my european ears, but in a very tasty way. Good
things from America coming along ! :)

> R~

Keep on playing, !

--