[linux-audio-user] p16v nicely playing,.but only 2x hdcapture?

sonicx sonicx_ at gmx.net
Mon Sep 26 13:10:36 EDT 2005

hello again!
the p16v (hw:0,4 bzw plughw:0,4) of my audigy 2 zs plpro plays quite
fine now for me with
aplay -D plughw:0,4 file
although im not completly understanding what is happening, the stream
really seems to go through the p16v only,meaning no eq or 3d stuff is
applied. but the 24/96 sound is fantastic! i cant wait to have more
musik in those pretty rates. p16v channels are those HDchannels in the
mixertabs,front ones being channel 1+2 of 8 ,analog, use spdif for
digital out. those are obviously,and checked also =),the single ones
working with 192khz playback (front). although i have no 192khz
files,and am not yet able to record them,but an upsampling does just fine.
/proc/asound/Audigy2/pcm4p (which would be the p16v`s playback) shows
the rates accordingly,and the change between 16/48 bzw 16/44 audio and
24/96 audio is easily audible. of course there is no audible difference
between 24/96 and the 24/192 upsampling for me.i listened to some nice
jazz through my small bose system connected to the a2zspp through a fine
amp easy capable of the 96khz,although im not sure about the 192khz.all
wired with thick oehlb. cabels.
fine so far,but here the problem: there are only 2 capture
channels,although the card is supposed to work with 8 at 24/96. and does
somebody know how to set up even those? there are only 2 hdcapure
mixer-tabs:
HD Capture channel : 0-3
HD Capture source : cdif,spdif,srcmulti,src48,i2s,fx,ac97
which suggest 4 channels in my eyes.well 4 isnt 8 but more then 2...as
you surely know.well i guessed srcmulti would be the one to go to record
from different analog line-ins,but nothing.err... has somebody maybe
already done some multichannel recordings with this card? help,maybe
now,would be quite...helpfull.
    sonicx