[linux-audio-user] p16v nicely playing,.but only 2x hdcapture?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Mon Sep 26 14:24:29 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 17:10 +0000, sonicx wrote:
> fine so far,but here the problem: there are only 2 capture
> channels,although the card is supposed to work with 8 at 24/96. and
> does somebody know how to set up even those? there are only 2 hdcapure
> mixer-tabs:
> HD Capture channel : 0-3
> HD Capture source : cdif,spdif,srcmulti,src48,i2s,fx,ac97
> which suggest 4 channels in my eyes.well 4 isnt 8 but more then 2...as
> you surely know.well i guessed srcmulti would be the one to go to
> record from different analog line-ins,but nothing.err... has somebody
> maybe already done some multichannel recordings with this card?
> help,maybe now,would be quite...helpfull.
>     sonicx

Please file an ALSA bug report:

https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/login.php

Looking at the driver code it does appear that the hardware supports 4
channel capture but it seems not to be implemented yet.  You should at
least be able to record 24/96 from the mic if you select "ac97" as the
source.

What gave you the impression you could capture 8 channels with this
device?

Lee