[linux-audio-user] patch-2.6.13-rt14 breaks compile on AMD64

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 18:14:59 EDT 2005

Hi there,
  I have a newish AMD64 machine. NForce4 chipset. Asus A8N-E
motherboard. PCI-Express 16x graphics, etc. No matter what I try I've
been constantly stopped from building a 2.6.13 kernel with Ingo's rt14
patch.

Here's the error message:

 AS      arch/x86_64/lib/copy_user.o
  AS      arch/x86_64/lib/csum-copy.o
  CC      arch/x86_64/lib/csum-partial.o
  CC      arch/x86_64/lib/csum-wrappers.o
 CC      arch/x86_64/lib/dec_and_lock.o
 CC      arch/x86_64/lib/delay.o
  AS      arch/x86_64/lib/getuser.o
  AS      arch/x86_64/lib/putuser.o
 AS      arch/x86_64/lib/thunk.o
  CC      arch/x86_64/lib/usercopy.o
 AR      arch/x86_64/lib/lib.a
 GEN     .version
  CHK     include/linux/compile.h
  UPD     include/linux/compile.h
  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
drivers/built-in.o(.text+0x24acc): In function `acpi_processor_idle':
: undefined reference to `tsc_c3_compensate'
make: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
lightning linux #

The 2.6.13 kernel builds fine before I apply the patch but fails afterward.

I do not find the error message

undefined reference to `tsc_c3_compensate'

in Google so maybe it's just me and my kernel config. I've attached
the config file zipped. I've tried some obvious stuff like completely
disabling ACPI, etc., but I haven't found anything that works yet.

Thanks in advance for any ideas. This has held up my new AMD64 machine
being useful
for a few weeks now.

NOTE: I have tried other realtime kernels like ck-sources but so far I
am having xrun problems. Possibly there is someone here successfully
using this motherboard? If so please contact me on-line or off with
info on your setup.

Cheers,
Mark