[linux-audio-user] I/O scheduler for 2.6 kernel

Burkhard Ritter burkhard.ritter at stud-mail.uni-wuerzburg.de
Wed Sep 28 17:38:29 EDT 2005

I hope it gets through this time...

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 06:05:55PM +0200, Antonio wrote:

> And yes I'm going to try the 2.6.13 too. Do you know if I can use the
> realtime-lsm module with the .13? I don't care about security risk on
> this machine.
>
> Anyhow, many thanks for the useful answer you give me so far ;-).
>
> Best Regards,
>
>   ~ Antonio

Hello.

I believe you can use the realtime-lsm with recent kernels, but it is
not the recommended approach any more. The new rt-rlimits way doesn't
require to patch the kernel. But as long as the distributions don't do
this for you, you have to install a modified pam. There is information
on this wiki: http://alsa.opensrc.org/RealtimeKernelAndPAM. I also put
some pam packages for Debian unstable there, that might well work testing
as the libpam-modules version is the same for both branches (at the
moment).

Burkhard