[linux-audio-user] MIDI sequencing "best practices" with multiple tracks?

mrmoo1231@ahooyay.omcay mrmoo1231 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 30 11:25:14 EDT 2005

I've been working on sequencing some stuff (favorite
20th cent. organ pieces) using apps like Rosegarden or
Muse, and since I don't have a MIDI keyboard hooked
up, I input tracks based on the different organ-stop
colors intended by the composer.

What I'm wondering is, are there certain principles to
efficient sequencing, such as avoiding long stretches
of "non-events" in a track?  Is it better, say, to end
a track at the last note event in a phrase, and then
pick up with a different track or different segment
when that particular "voice" starts again?

Am I making sense?
Thanks for any ideas or thoughts.

Cheers,
Mark