[linux-audio-user] A New Tune

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Fri Sep 30 13:48:42 EDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep, 2005 at 10:00AM +0000, Conor O'Tuama spake thus:
> Hi  :-)  Seeing as everybody else appears to be getting the tunes out
> there, I thought I might as well bite the bullet......hope somebody
> likes it ;-) It is an initial mix, rough about the edges.
>
> http://homepage.eircom.net/~conorotuama/time_til_i_die.ogg
> Copyright 2005 Conor O'Tuama
>
> Cheers ! (recorded in Slackware Linux, using Ardour and various other
> bits 'n' bobs)

I'd just like to join in with the praise.  This is a lovely track.
Really nice all round, songsmithery to production.

Can I just ask you to clarify the copyright, though?  Copyright is
automatic, and copying, broadcast and other rigths are reserved.
Unless you specifically unreserve them, we can't copy this, send it to
friends, etc.

Maybe this is what you want.  If not, consider the creative commons
license.  Since you already OK'd someone adding parts around it, you
probably want the variant that allows derivatives.  Share-alike is
recommended, as is non-comercial (you get the option of getting paid
for commercial use with this, by the way).  Attribution makes sense to
me too.

James

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)