[linux-audio-user] A couple of questions

Mon Apr 3 16:32:27 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 22:05 +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:

> > If you're a
> > newbie and you're really serious about getting sound to work you're
> > better off with Planet CCRMA or DeMuDi.
>
> Both are really cool distros for audio stuff, but even musicians use a
> computer for more than just audio stuff.

Planet CCRMA and DeMuDi are not restricted to just audio stuff. Planet
CCRMA is based on Fedora Core, which is, I guess, a general purpose
distro. DeMuDI is based in Debian - can't think of anything more general
purpose than Debian. Both core distros include tons of packages that are
not audio related.

> So my thesis is: Planet CCRMA or DeMuDi are temporary projects because
> the other distros are not prepared optimally for audio work. If these
> were, there was no need for specialized audio distros.

Correct...
-- Fernando