Skype and LAU (Was: Re: [linux-audio-user] Skype + emu10k1)

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Apr 4 12:52:30 EDT 2006

Hallo,
Gene Heskett hat gesagt: // Gene Heskett wrote:

> Well, for a fact I have NDI if aplay works here or not, never tried it.
> Does it do anything special that xmms or mplayer, tvtime, or skype
> can't do?

aplay the the sound playing application by the ALSA developers, so it
is a sensible assumption that it should work with a correclty
installed ALSA. If aplay doesn't work, then something is seriously
wrong either with ALSA or the ALSA installation. However if aplay is
working, the reason for failure lies somewhere in the software that is
not working.

Ciao