[linux-audio-user] Spring Clean

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Wed Apr 5 21:00:04 EDT 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:19:53 +0100
james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:

> On Wed, 05 Apr, 2006 at 02:58AM +0100, Folderol spake thus:
> > On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 22:39:11 +0100
> > james at dis-dot-dat.net wrote:
> >
> > > On Mon, 03 Apr, 2006 at 07:56PM +0100, Folderol spake thus:

> > > Not a problem, but a tiny suggestion:  Make track names emphasised.
> > > It would make it a whole lot easier to read.
> > >
> > > James
> >
> > OK. Good point. It's done now.
>
> Much easier, ta!  Good stuff on the site, too.

Thanks a lot :)

> > Yes I know I shouldn't be up at 3AM but I'm working on a tune that just
> > *has* to be set down properly :)
>
> We'll be hearing it soon, then?

Funny you should say that...

The first 'draft' of 'Awakening The Avenger' is now up on the site. It
is a *long* way from finished. I have a lot of fiddling to do with the
instrumentation. The changes jar a bit in places. I also really, really,
REALLY need a good sharp sounding drum kit for Hydrogen. I want a hard
but light kick drum (not some woolly muffled sounding thing), a nice
rattly snare, high hat, cymbals, wood block etc. Everything needs to
sound very bright and clean if it is to sit well. Previously I would
have used the GM kit in my Sound Canvas but I very much want to do this
all in software.

The separate bare bones of 'Wakeup' and 'Avenger' have been
laying around in my musical 'spare parts' box for a while, but
with a key change here and a tempo change there they weld together
almost seamlessly :)

I really must rummage around in that box more often!