[linux-audio-user] 5.1 encoding...

Aaron Trumm aaron at nquit.com
Thu Apr 6 04:49:09 EDT 2006

Hello all...

For those that I haven't already asked this directly *grin* - does anybody
know of software to encode dolby 5.1 (or DTS 5.1 - preferably both) in
linux?

that, and how exactly this process would go - i'm getting into doing music
for 5.1 here at ccrma and sure I can route six channels around, or 5 or 8 or
10, and mixdown to whatever, but once i've got 6 wave files, that's where
i'm clueless as of yet.

the analogy being:  for stereo i've got two wav files - well ok one 2
channel wav file.  to bring it to a buddy's house, i've got to use cdrecord
or k3b or xcdroast to burn a cd - voila.  easy stuff, we all know that.

but what about to bring a 5.1 dvd-audio to a buddy's house?  hell i don't
even know what i'd do in windows or mac.  take six seperate .wav files and
open up iDVD or DVD studio pro and say "ok these are the six channels make a
dvd"?  *scratches bunny head*

no I don't know why bunny

thanks in advance! :)

Aaron Trumm