[linux-audio-user] Avenger Update

Folderol folderol at ukfsn.org
Fri Apr 7 18:54:50 EDT 2006

On Fri, 7 Apr 2006 15:38:05 -0700
"Mark Knecht" <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>    I don't know if this is by design but I'm unable to download the
> OGG file due to the way the link is constructed it appears. It also
> seems that on my AMD64 Gentoo machine that mplayer doesn't like
> something in the file as I get about 1/4 second of sound and then it
> just stops. Firefox was hung and there were mplayer processes that had
> to be killed.
>
>    This set of problems is consistent for all the links on the page I
> tried. The download problem also occurred on my Mac Mini running OSX
> 10.4.6.
>
> Cheers,
> Mark

I certainly don't want to stop *anybody* getting the files. I don't
understand what is going wrong. I have just rechecked it myself and it
seems to be working perfectly for me. (I'm on dialup but the 1st 2MB
seems sound fine) but then I am obviously working from the same ISP so I
don't know if there is some server-side problem that is corrupting
links/data.

I am using Firefox 1.5 on Mandrake 10.1. The files were coverted to ogg
from wav by Audacity.