[linux-audio-user] Linux distro to run audio on PPC

Martin Habets errandir_news at mph.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 19:38:49 EDT 2006

Hi Matt,

I don't know any distro with a good kernel for audio, so my advice is
to build your own kernel. Personally I run Debian, but I liked Yellowdog
too when I used that.
Maybe all you need to do is build your own kernel and stay with Yellowdog.
Are you seeing any specific problems?

The graphics driver can cause latency problems without the right kernel
configuration, or kernel patches. This used to bite me (Radeon Mobility M7).

As for outboard: try to get stuff that is big-endian too. I've had to get or
make patches to deal with endian-ness after getting a litte-endian Edirol
UA-25. Those are not all official yet.

--
Martin