[linux-audio-user] mozplugger and firefox for using mplayer -ao jack

Jürgen Schöneberg jschoeni at gmx.net
Sat Apr 8 13:37:58 EDT 2006

HEJ!

problem:
firefox  dont cares about mozplugger at all!

I tried to get mozplugger working. (reason: I want to play Realaudio
with mplayer and jack)

MozPlugger version 1.7.3
with
Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2005 mozilla.org

in firefox "about:plugins" is showing;

MozPlugger 1.7.3 handles QuickTime Windows Media Player Plugin

and the list of MIME types ...

and Java(TM) Plug-in 1.5.0_06-b05

I have mozpluggerrc in /etc

problem:
but still firefox  dont cares about mozplugger at all!

( I deleted pluginreg.dat also before starting firefox)

a click on e.g
http://www.sr.se/cgi-bin/p3/programsidor/index.asp?ProgramID=953

results in the question if I want to use
gxine for opening file.ram

ore others are resulting in "you have to install a plugin"

have you any idea how can get this working?

I tried also mplayer -ao jack in mozpluggerrc :

define(MP_CMD,[mplayer -ao jack -really-quiet -nojoystick -nofs -zoom -vo
xv,x11 -ao esd,alsa,oss,arts,null -osdlevel 0 $1 </dev/null])

thank you in advance

Juergen