[linux-audio-user] mozplugger and firefox for using mplayer -ao jack

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Apr 8 13:57:53 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 19:37 +0200, Jürgen Schöneberg wrote:
> HEJ!
>
> problem:
> firefox  dont cares about mozplugger at all!
>

> I tried to get mozplugger working. (reason: I want to play Realaudio
> with mplayer and jack)
>
> MozPlugger version 1.7.3
> with
> Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7, Copyright (c) 1998 - 2005 mozilla.org

apt-get install (or your distro's equivalent) mplayerplug-in and/or
mozilla-mplayer.  Before I did that no web multimedia worked at all.
Now it works about half the time.  Often I get an error from the site
"You do not have the correct Windows Media Player installed", so
apparently the plugin doesn't spoof it correctly.  Other times the video
will refuse to play in the browser but I can right click and download
and it plays file with gmplayer.  Then half the time when it does play,
I get a 1FPS slideshow rather than video.  This is all on Ubuntu Dapper
which is supposed to have good support for this stuff.  YMMV as always.

Lee