[linux-audio-user] Hi all!

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Thu Apr 13 15:33:37 EDT 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:36:37 +0200
Petter Sundlöf <petter.sundlof at findus.dhs.org> wrote:

> You'd be able to recording 8 channels simultaneously without a problem;
> which is the # of channels your sound card limits you to. You can add
> another ice1712 and have 16 (I use this setup).

On my 1.2ghz athlon box with a slow ide disk i once managed to record 24
channels simultaneously (actually i was only using my ice 1712 8 inputs
(of which only 6 were actually delivering signal (delta 66)) and
connected each of those to three ardour tracks).

It was hitting the limits and showed some problems with ardour's disk
caching back then, but afterwards it went fine (especially with enlarged
caching times).

So with a recent CPU and a fast disk more should be possible.

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://tapas.affenbande.org