[linux-audio-user] serial Midi with Korg05r/w

pr.pa at web.de pr.pa at web.de
Mon Apr 24 07:30:39 EDT 2006

Hello,

i'm new to this list, so i hope i'm doing everything right.

I want to use my Korg 05 R/W midi soundmodul via the serial tohost
interface as an midi Soundmodul for midi data coming from the linux-box
and (!) as an Midi Interface for my keyboard connected to the korg05r/w.

In other words : the soundmodul should play my midis from computer and
should transfer the midi data coming from the keyboard to the computer.

the keyboard is connectet with midi-in and the computer is connected to
to-host.

I'm using the snd-serial-u16550 driver from alsa.

After having a few problems it works, with only one Problem:

I have to "restart" (turn off and turn on) my soundmodul everytime i
change the program or the midifile.
In some midifiles i have to restart it in the middle.

In windows i didn't have this problem, so i think it havt to work unter
linux, too ?

Does anyone have an idea ?

Marian

p.s:

My System :
DeMuDi testing
Kernel 2.6.16 selfcompiled and realtime patched

starting driver with :
snd-serial-u16550 port=0x2f8 irq=3