[linux-audio-user] realtime problems

bubar bubar at numericable.fr
Mon Aug 7 08:24:38 EDT 2006

Le lundi 7 août 2006 13:16, Atte André Jensen a écrit :
> bubar wrote:
> > with 1000hz clock and others things ;)
>
> Hmm, is that essential? What will that do?
>
> atte at ajstrup:/boot$ grep HZ config-2.6.15-26-386
> # CONFIG_HZ_100 is not set
> CONFIG_HZ_250=y
> # CONFIG_HZ_1000 is not set
> CONFIG_HZ=250
> CONFIG_MACHZ_WDT=m

On simple low-latency kernel option (origine from Mr Morton) or Preemptif
(origine Mr Love), i thing it is necessary, better, to have a 1000hz clock.
with a 250hz, launch rosegarden from term-emulator, and see RG complains about
clock. there is another option in kernel config to ""bypass"" , to ""help""
with a 250hz clock, but RG complains ever.) I thing it is better to choice
the 1000hz, especially for MIDI input/output/trough