[linux-audio-user] New Track

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Thu Aug 10 18:49:39 EDT 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug, 2006 at 11:55AM +0100, Jonty Needham spake thus:
> Dear All
>
>         This kind of uses some uncleared samples -- the vocals, which
>         belong to the lovely Misty Edwards. Drums
>         are one loop, ("It's a new day" at the start) then all the rest
>         is hydrogen. Sequenced in
>         Rosegarden, mastered (preliminarily) in Audacity, recorded in
>         Ardour, and
>         all instruments are Zynaddsubfx and the piano is qsynth. Let me
>         know what
>         you think.
>
>         At http://www.cs.bath.ac.uk/~jmn20/Noah_final.ogg

I wasn't sure about the start, and then it went all Aphrodite and a
sat here jigging in my chair.  Lovely.

I'd suggest trying to keep it a bit cleaner though.  I have the same
problems myself, when the bass is as loud and forefront as I like, it
crunches around all over the treble, making it sound like some rudeboy
with his car stereo up louder than it can really handle.  Try keeping
the mix quieter and then putting it through the amazing Jamin to get
the final mastering right.

Keep up the good work!

James