[linux-audio-user] MIDI connections in MusE?

yonatan yonatan_avraham at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 28 02:37:12 EDT 2006

Could someone help me understand how MIDI connections work in MusE (the
documentation on the MusE wiki is not complete . . .)?  I am basically
trying to connect different tracks to different synthesizers running under
fst (FreeST).

 - I can successfully start qjackctl, one fst, MusE, add a MIDI track, and
connect the track it to the synthesizer by routing the track through the
MIDI "through port 0" from within MusE and routing the "MIDI through port 0"
to the software synthesizer from within qjackctl's MIDI connections (I find
the "through port 0" in MusE's MIDI setup)

 - However, even when I start more than one syntheisizer (e.g. multiple
instances of fst), I am still left with only the 1 MIDI port (the "through
port 0") in MusE's MIDI connections.  So no matter how many tracks I add,
they each must use the same "through port 0", and I can't find a way to
distinguish between them in qjackctl and route each track to a different
synthesizer.

Any help would be appreciated to correct my error . . .

Thanks,
Yonatan