[linux-audio-user] Delta 44

October extremecs at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 9 14:20:02 EST 2006

Does it show up correctly in Kmix or another mixer?
You say the SB is hw:0 and it looks like you are trying to setup jack for hw:2...  what does it detect as hw:1?
Are you running a distro that has alsaconf available?

Until recently I ran a Delta 44 in combination with my onboard soundchip and never had a problem with them playing together although it seems to me that jack found the '44 as hw:1.  Motherboard had PCI slots go flaky so I can't verify that until I get a new board :(

Best,

Jon Hoskins

Carotinho <carotinobg at yahoo.it> wrote: Hi all!
I've just bough a Delta 44 but I can't run it.
I've installed it properly, and the modules get loaded. But I'm scratching my
head as I cannot get Jack to work with it.
The message is

apparent rate = 48000
creating alsa driver ... hw:2,0|hw:2,0|128|2|48000|4|4|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:2
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 128 frames, buffer = 2 periods
ALSA: final selected sample format for capture: 32bit little-endian
ALSA: cannot set channel count to 4 for capture
ALSA: cannot configure capture channel
cannot load driver module alsa

and I get errors with every channel count number, sample rates, etc.
I've a SBLive installed, which takes hw:0.
Did someone of you incurred in the same problem and found a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Carotinho

In a world without walls who needs gates or windows?

                               --unknown