[linux-audio-user] Software suitable for children

lanas lanas at securenet.net
Sun Dec 10 13:02:17 EST 2006

On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 09:32:45 +0100
Mathias Friman <mathias.friman at knorca.se> écrivait:

> Perhaps Jokosher would do the trick? Don't know whether this app has
> any swedish locale, and perhaps it's a bit too advanced for 6-7
> yearolds, but it is worth a look:
>
> http://www.jokosher.org/

Looks quite Nice and Easy (tm).

Is it just me, but we starting to see splits in Linux world ?  I mean,
these guys for Jokosher have installation notes for Ubuntu, period.
They did not bother trying other major distros to provide adjustments
and installation notes for, say, Fedora, Mandriva, SuSE.

Will we see in five years from now Ubuntu users that know nothing about
Fedora and whose applications are specifically made for Ubuntu, the
distro itself developing more and more specific aspects of itself that
makes it involved to 'port' applications to other Linux distros ?  And
vice-versa.  SuSE apps difficult to install on Fedora (after all Red
Hat said no to Microsoft...), so on so forth ?

Well, if that's the case, I'd better be forwarned and immediately
switch to GoboLinux.  Now, this is really distinct ! ;-)

Cheers,
Al