[linux-audio-user] Attracting more Linux audio developers

Mathias Friman mathias.friman at knorca.se
Sun Dec 10 13:08:46 EST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-10 at 23:30 +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Hi Mathias,
>
> Your concerns are valid. The only way that they will be resolved is if
> you take the time to fix the documentation issues you have noticed or to
> send updates to the people who maintain the pages you find problems with.

I've tried that approach with for instance ladspavst.linuxaudio.org.
However, my contributions were not accepted. I did a new CSS to increase
readability on the site. I've also contributed to the Audacity-wiki.

Currently though, I'm working on a admin-solution and a new layout for
the linux-sound.org site, and Dave and I had a dialog for a while. That
was some time before he announced that he would step down, so now i
don't know what the status is. Is anyone else working on this? I saw the
discussion earlier.

I'm also trying to write a swedish manual for linux audio work,
currently at http://linux-daw.blogspot.com so I'm not short of things to
do. ;)

> That is how the documents were created in the first place and it is the
> only way they will continue to evolve.
>
> If you are unable to contribute then you can harrass the owners but it
> doesn't make as much progress or impact in the long run.

I hope you are not feeling harassed by me. :) That was not the purpose
of my rant.

> Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.
> Http://www.boosthardware.com
> Http://lau.linuxaudio.org - The Linux Audio Users guide

So how do I contribute to your Linux Audio User Guide? I really like the
idea, and some of the things on the site. I'd like to suggest some
improvements though. I'll do that in a private email instead of on the
list, if you are interested?

Regards,
Mathias