[linux-audio-user] Re: Attracting more Linux audio developers

Vince Werber ka1iic at prexar.com
Wed Dec 13 14:28:43 EST 2006

Thank you Sir for the respect of your reply!

Oh I get the what and why for but I know something that is happening at times
and it makes it hard at compile time.  Namely developers simply forget that
what is the norm on their machines seldom reflects what an end user would
have on theirs even with a complete OS...  more so when dealing with the
libs...

I keep a log of what libs I install but for the life of me... I can't remember
what I do have without the log... so...  I guess I do it too! <heh>

Also, someone mentioned that there is becoming a split in the Linux
community... or something to that effect.  There has always been a split from
the early   times...  GNU vs BSD vs everyone else...  Time hasn't help these
splits but made them greater.

Personally I don't like the GNU licensing at all but the BSD seems a bit
better and as for the 'others' well... there will always be independent souls
that's what 'free' stands for...  free as in freedom NOT free from all
costs...  <heh>

thanks again
vince