[linux-audio-user] Re: Attracting more Linux audio developers

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Dec 13 20:04:46 EST 2006

Vince Werber wrote:

> I keep a log of what libs I install but for the life of me... I can't remember
> what I do have without the log... so...  I guess I do it too! <heh>

Quite honstly, i think almost nobody should be installing libraries
from source. Rather, I think people should install the pre-packaged
library from their distribution.

The only exception to the above, is developers actually working on
the library and the hopefully rare cases where a developer needs to
test a bleedign edge version of a library that the distribution
has not yet packaged.

As a library author myself, the only two libraries on my system that
were installed from source are libsndfile and libsamplerate.

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo