[linux-audio-user] Real-time kernel

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Fri Dec 15 01:51:29 EST 2006

> Your point is IMHO solid. For all the distros I've tried, they all
> required
> some level of tinkering to get them where I liked them. Granted, I am a
> bit
> partial towards polished desktop experience, but even so, a majority of my
> work goes towards cleaning-up my audio apps as often prebuilt packages are
> incomplete (CCRMA being a glaring exception to this).

Forgot to add a disclaimer: forgot to exclude 64studio, DeMuDi, Apodio,
Turnkey, dyne and/or dyne:bolic (am I missing any?) from the aforementioned
statement, some of which I have a limited experience with (meaning they
likely have very well configured audio apps).

Hence, my sincere apologies to respective projects for my half-assed
statement that may have unintentionally resulted in unfounded criticism. :-)

Best wishes,

Ico