[linux-audio-user] Re: Attracting more Linux audio developers

Bengt Gördén bengan at sunet.se
Fri Dec 15 05:53:52 EST 2006

fredag 15 december 2006 08:15 skrev Rob:
> On Friday 15 December 2006 01:44, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> > And the question then is, will wikipedia allow us to create
> > all these sub-categories? (linux-audio-Demos,
> > linux-audio-digital-dj, and so on.)
>
> I think that if we replicated the level of detail from Dave's
> pages, our stuff would get tossed out faster than you can
> say "AFD: Delete, Not Notable".

I think that the easyest way to find out is to wright and ask. Or just chat
with them at their different IRC channels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Contact_us
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Questions

But hey. I have no problem with a specific wiki. It's up to the implementor or
the community. But I haven't heard any really good arguments for a specific
one.

Good arguments for Wikipedia as I see them
* Well known place
* Can attract more people in a shorter while
* Administrationlayer that already works
* Help with structuring and writing english for those that aren't that fluent
  in the language (me :-).

regards,

/bengan