[linux-audio-user] [ANN] yet another linux sound wiki.

Ketil Thorgersen linuxuadio at rytmisk.net
Fri Dec 15 07:00:31 EST 2006

Mathias Friman skrev:

>>> How is the one we already have, not perfect?
>>>

>> It's nice, but it will need to evolve, since software also evolves.
>>

> I don't know if it is just me, but isn't a wiki the worst case scenario for this
> site? It is a link collection, and most, if not all, of the software in the links
> already have websites of their own to some extent. A wiki, and this one
> seems to be no exception, lacks a clear navigational structure, or at least
> overview. The basic questions that need to be answered are:
>
> 1. Where am I?
> 2. Where can I go?
> 3. How can I get back?
>
> and in a wiki those questions are harder to answer than in a regular menudriven
> website. And first and foremost, most wikis are fairly ugly. ;)

Mm - I have to agree on this one unfortunately! I have been at a fair
number of wikis, and they always seem confusing to me - and ugly.
Despite the good effort my personal impression is th the original site
is much more intuitive. But I guess that is just a matter of changing
the lay out of the site since the database is in place. My advice would
be: tune down the wiki aspect. Make the software list right there in
your face when you arrive.

Just my 0.2 kr.

Ketil